mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost-Fromm <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: spectral clustering additions [was: Mahout 0.9 release]
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:39:48 GMT
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 13:29:51 -0800 (PST)
Suneel Marthi <suneel_marthi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Spectral clustering, please do add an example to examples/bin/cluster-reuters.sh.

Do we have some documentation on spectral clustering? When going through what was formerly
only the in the wiki yesterday I may have missed it but can't remember seeing something along
the lines of "this is roughly how it's implemented", "this is how you use it from the command
line" (can be as simple as the --help cmd line output), "this is the type of data and task
to use it for" (can be a link to wikipedia) and "this is where in the JavaDoc you should get
started if you want to tinker with the code". Maybe the INFRA wiki crawler didn't catch the
relevant pages from the wiki?

Caveat: I'm missing that similar information for the work of Dan Filimon - also what we have
for other implementations sometimes is missing information as well.

Isabel