mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Percy <mpe...@apache.org>
Subject Git mirror severely out of date
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 03:09:38 GMT
Hi Mahout devs,
The Git mirror for this project is severely out of date. I learned this the
hard way by recently "fixing" a test bug that was already fixed on trunk
(MAHOUT-1334). The last commit on the mirror is from Aug 1: MAHOUT-1296:
Remove deprecated algorithms, removing reference to Dirichlet clustering
from cluster-reuters.sh

At Apache, Subversion-hosted projects get a Git mirror for free (which is
typically delayed by minutes to hours) hosted at git.apache.org. Github.com
mirrors also typically mirror the git.apache.org repos. Does anyone know
why the Mahout mirror so outdated? Check out
http://github.com/apache/mahoutor git://
git.apache.org/mahout.git to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks,
Mike

PS: At least one other project has a working mirror, since the Hive Git-SVN
mirror looks up to date (commits from today on trunk):
http://github.com/apache/hive