mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Random Errors
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:47:46 GMT
I get a failure on the one below when running in parallel, but not standalone:

Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 10.358 sec <<< FAILURE!
testRun(org.apache.mahout.text.SequenceFilesFromLuceneStorageMRJobTest)  Time elapsed: 10.358
sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<2002> but was:<0>
	at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
	at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:743)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:118)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:555)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:542)
	at org.apache.mahout.text.SequenceFilesFromLuceneStorageMRJobTest.testRun(SequenceFilesFromLuceneStorageMRJobTest.java:73)

Interesting thing about this one is the Test class has only a single test and it has no randomization.

FWIW, it's also becoming increasingly clear to me that we need some notion of real integration
tests that we can run against a Hadoop cluster (or at least a virtual Hadoop cluster).

-Grant

Grant Ingersoll | @gsingers
http://www.lucidworks.com