mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: coding in Mahout
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 13:20:03 GMT

On Nov 18, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Simon Vocella wrote:

> Ok thanks Grant,
>
> i already see that link and before the link
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+MAHOUT_INTRO_CONTRIBUTEdoesn't
> work!
> Btw all bugs listed in that link are closed or resolved.. so I thinked to
> write in the mailing list

Ah, yeah, would be good for us to go through and mark some more as INTRO.

Are there particular things you are interested in?  In general, we are focused on code cleanup
and documentation as we try to get to a 1.0 release, so contributions that make Mahout easier/cleaner
to use would be helpful.  I also think refactorings that make it easier to use Mahout programmatically
would be good.  If you have access to a cluster, testing/running at scale would be useful
too.

I could also see us adding support for PMML, which seems to have some traction as an interoperability
format, but that is just my 2 cents.

> Simon
>
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/How+To+Contribute
>>

>> On Nov 18, 2012, at 5:25 AM, Simon Vocella wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i want to subscribe as developer, and in my free time i want help in
>>> Mahout, is it possible?
>>>
>>> Can i have some guide from someone?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Simon