mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jake Mannix Elected to Mahout PMC Chair
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 04:48:56 GMT
Thanks Jeff,

  I'm happy to take up the mantle, send our mapper legions into the vast
uncharted lands of Big Data, reduce the unwashed noisy barbarians to clean
and convergent nuggets of intelligence and models to be launched into more
mappers!  Or is this more like one of those "bully pulpit" positions, where
I'm here mainly to guilt trip the Developers and Users of Mahoutia into
helping keep the aqueducts standing, the roads paved, and someday replace
those lead pipes before we all go mad?  Either way, SPQR! (er, DUQM?)

  Let me spend some time this weekend writing up some thoughts I've got in
mind for the next release or so, we haven't had a brainstorming discussion
on direction like this in a while.

--

  -jake