mahout-dev mailing list archives

From "Videnova, Svetlana" <svetlana.viden...@logica.com>
Subject RE: several info
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 06:34:27 GMT
Hi,

I have database (which is evolving all the time). This database, after solr indexion, is xml
file thanks to the solr output.
Then I have to give this xml file to mahout in order to mahout be able to classify and clusterize
those information. Then I have to parse again the output of mahout in order to display on
my screen this database information that I needed.

Regards

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Lance Norskog [mailto:goksron@gmail.com]
Envoyé : dimanche 24 juin 2012 02:03
À : dev@mahout.apache.org
Objet : Re: several info

Please describe what you would like to do. What would you like to learn from your data? We
cannot recommend techniques until we know this.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Videnova, Svetlana <svetlana.videnova@logica.com> wrote:
> HI,
> Sorry I didnt find how the source code of this link https://github.com/gsingers/ApacheCon2010
can help me, maybe I missed some information...
> I'm ok about doing some code that's no problem but where and with which purpose??I mean
for the moment I don't even know what hadoop/mahout/solr needs to work together and moreover
what I have to add on already existing files in order to add my own database.

> Thanks
>
> Regards

the indexing solr files, and where put them in Mahout?

> I think that link I provided shows how to get data out of Solr and into Mahout.  You
need term vectors (or see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-944 for using it off
of stored fields).  To get things back into Solr, you'll have to write some code to do that.

> -Grant
>
> Think green - keep it on the screen.
>
> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.
It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.
and inform the sender. Thank you.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com