mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ongoing jenkins failures
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 01:34:12 GMT
i've been using an eclipse style format settings which i tuned as
close as i could to match intelliJ's that Sean patches produce.

Some of those formattings (mostly wrapping preference rules) don't
trigger checkstyle problems regardless of which tool is used but they
do trigger reformatting if i reformat after somebody who formatted
using Intellij and vice versa. Which really makes things difficult
from the point of view of auto formatting.

Some of the checkstyle problems inherently missed by my eclipse
autoformatting. (such as trailing spaces in comments). But I suspect
Intellij is probably not doing 100% either.

Bottom line i haven't figured a really good way to address all
formatting rule checks that Mahout's checkstyle settings employ. But i
have a first approximation for eclipse styles config which i can
share.

Grant also was suggesting a codestyle for eclipse from Lucene which is
probably not significantly better in that regard either.

If you like intelliJ, you may bug Sean for his styles on that side of
things. But if you run eclipse i'd really like to use one shared style
so autoformat doesn't act differently on something that has already
been formatted.

-d

>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1209480&view=rev
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1209577&view=rev