mahout-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Andrew Harbick (Created) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Created] (MAHOUT-997) Make splitData smart enough to not consider a CSV header to be part of the data
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:58:27 GMT
Make splitData smart enough to not consider a CSV header to be part of the data
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: MAHOUT-997
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-997
             Project: Mahout
          Issue Type: Improvement
          Components: Integration
    Affects Versions: 0.6
         Environment: OS X
            Reporter: Andrew Harbick
            Priority: Minor
             Fix For: 0.6


If you do something like:

MAHOUT_LOCAL=1 $MAHOUT_HOME/bin/mahout splitDataset  --input all.csv --output split --trainingPercentage
0.9 --probePercentage 0.1

The header row from your CSV will end up with 90% chance in your training data and 10% chance
in your evaluation data.  To use a tool like trainlogistic or runlogistic the header file
is needed in both.

Perhaps add an argument to splitData to duplicate the header line?

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message