mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>
Subject Idea
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 20:32:15 GMT

Hi Guys,I have been researching the various algorithms in mahout for my usecase and am reading
through various papers as well as code, I was wondering if it might be a good idea to have
like a chart that outlines each of the algorithms and typical use cases of when one uses that
algorithm, this would allow users to quickly get a sample implementation up and running.
I would be glad to help with this if folks find this helpful.   My use case involves building
a set of algorithms that takes in training data surrounding a set of variables each of which
contains/contributes a percentage weight and then classifies users into buckets, we can then
provide a list of items appropriate for those users based on running item similarity algorithms
in that bucket.

Best Regards