mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Brickley <dan...@danbri.org>
Subject Re: autoexported sites 'to be phased out by Nov 2011'
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:35:57 GMT
On Tuesday, 25 October 2011, Isabel Drost <isabel@apache.org> wrote:
> On 24.10.2011 Sean Owen wrote:
>> I'll take this on as my nugget of current Mahout work at the moment.
>> I know nothing about the Apache CMS back-story beyond what you have
quoted
>> here.
>
> Some background (w/o knowledge on specific action items for us):
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/the_asf_cms
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010
>
> It uses svn as NoSQL backend and went live late 2010.

These make clear the urgency; the auto exporter is unmaintained, and breaks
with Confluence updates.

http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCMSFAQ Is useful. Next steps?:
""""How do we get started for our project?

Setup an area in your SVN space that matches
http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html#layout. See
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/river/site/trunk/ as an example
File a JIRA issue with Infrastructure asking for to be setup on the new CMS.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3181.
Consider using
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/stanbol/site/tags/initial-site-content/as
a start, otherwise begin trying things out."""

There are conversion tools from Wiki.

Biggest Problem re Wiki --- CMS is committer-only. I don't see any guidance
about broader participation.

Dan