mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop version compatibility.
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 17:49:48 GMT
Don't bet on it.  The Hadoop RPC is pretty brittle.

Adding security is the classic way to break things, but there have been
instances (I think, but cannot name off the tip of my tongue) of other
surprises.

When using stock Hadoop, I just don't allow any mismatches.  My life is full
enough of surprises.  I don't need more.  <conflict-of-interest>For the
record, MapR has a commitment to allow rolling upgrades/downgrades across a
single point release difference.  This implies wire level
compatibility.</conflict-of-interest>