mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <jeast...@Narus.com>
Subject RE: Problems running examples
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:32:17 GMT
I agree with your assessment of the symptoms. I will run in pieces on my Mac tonite (it is
trunk on 0.20.2)

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Farris [mailto:drew@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:11 AM
To: dev@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems running examples

>From the output, it looks like the local side of the put does not
exist in this case, which potentially indicates that seqdirectory is
depositing things on HDFS which is then immediately being deleted in
the subsequent step where the (presumably old) data is being cleaned
off of HDFS prior to the put.

Jeff, is there any chance you can run the seqdirectory part of
build-reuters.sh by hand in this environment prefixed with sh -x to
collect debug info, e.g:

sh -x bin/mahout seqdirectory ...

I'm interested in determining whether it is running java (in local
mode) or hadoop to execute the MahoutDriver class.

Also, could you recap what environment you are running on the mac?
iirc, it's trunk and vanilla hadoop 0.22.2? I can try to reproduce
locally, up to this point I've been running on a linux box. IIRC the
OP that reported the problem had a mac as well.

Thanks,

Drew