mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible contributions
Date Wed, 18 May 2011 10:38:54 GMT
I think it first has to finish embracing MapReduce! The code base already
uses 2.5 different versions of Hadoop. It would be better clean up the
modest clutter of approaches we already have before thinking about extending
it.

Good news is there's a fair bit of time before any other particular
framework becomes widely used enough to merit thinking hard about.

And I do think we need to focus on cleanup now rather than later. For
example I will shortly suggest deprecating M/R jobs that use Hadoop 0.19
APIs in the name of moving forward.