mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Mahout 0.5, take 2
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 10:07:56 GMT
Fair point. FWIW all the unit tests which ought to also exercise the
underlying code do pass.

It looks like we have evidence of a problem with an example, which may or
may not stem from a deeper or more significant bug in the core. To date it
seems nobody has also run into this in other usage, and Shannon doesn't see
any obvious problems.

I don't want to release with a serious bug; on the other hand it doesn't yet
look like there is one or have a near-term action that might answer that
question more definitively.

I'd still say this is OK to release, myself, though this ought to be filed
and marked for 0.6 as you've done.

We're at +2 now, and past 72 hours. It's release time, so, would be great to
get votes now to gauge opinion on whether this should be published or not.