mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Mahout 0.5, take 2
Date Sat, 28 May 2011 13:29:54 GMT
Sorry for the dup, wasn't sure if it went out due to plane connection problems.

On May 27, 2011, at 5:38 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> -1.
>
> There's no LICENSE.txt or NOTICE.txt file in the distribution files (mahout-distribution-0.5.tar.gz
and I assume others in that directory).  These need to be in the root of the tarballs, etc.
 I'm pretty sure they used to be.  These should be in the base directories of all tarballs.
 I see them in the source release ones (in mahout/mahout) but even that has the LICENSE included
twice.

> I'm also going through all of our dependencies and checking they are covered.  In Lucene,
we put in some Ant script stuff that automatically checks that all the deps are appropriate
license, so we should think about doing that.   Still need to run the tests, etc.

> More in a moment, my battery is about dead.
>
> -Grant
>
> On May 27, 2011, at 8:35 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>
>> Testing now while on the plane!
>>
>> On May 27, 2011, at 3:07 AM, Sean Owen wrote:
>>
>>> Fair point. FWIW all the unit tests which ought to also exercise the
>>> underlying code do pass.
>>>
>>> It looks like we have evidence of a problem with an example, which may or
>>> may not stem from a deeper or more significant bug in the core. To date it
>>> seems nobody has also run into this in other usage, and Shannon doesn't see
>>> any obvious problems.
>>>
>>> I don't want to release with a serious bug; on the other hand it doesn't yet
>>> look like there is one or have a near-term action that might answer that
>>> question more definitively.
>>>
>>> I'd still say this is OK to release, myself, though this ought to be filed
>>> and marked for 0.6 as you've done.
>>>

>>> We're at +2 now, and past 72 hours. It's release time, so, would be great to
>>> get votes now to gauge opinion on whether this should be published or not.

Grant Ingersoll