mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: stop using the test-jar
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 20:41:31 GMT
Can you -DskipTests or is that a hack? That's what I do when I don't want
tests.

There are 4 MahoutTestCases, one for each module. 3 of them depends on the
4th in math. It's tidy insofar as it lets the tests share some non-trivial
logic about file cleanup and random numbers.

Is it worse to make a new module or just copy-and-paste this code around the
3 modules? I'd say copy and paste sounds less annoying actually.

Stepping back -- is it true that building the project means running tests? I
ran "mvn clean compile" just now and no tests ran. What am I missing?
Naively, it seems OK that core depends on math and core tests depend on math
tests.