mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with GSOC proposal
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:56:07 GMT
On 03.04.2011 Oliver Fischer wrote:
> On 02/04/11 19:50, Sean Owen wrote:
> > I will also say personally that I would prefer to see GSoC projects that
> > focus on architecture, refactoring, performance tuning and measurement,
> > tests, etc, rather than implementing another algorithm. Mahout needs the
> > former more, I think. But I speak for myself and I am not mentoring.
>
> I will work on a performance measurement framework during the next
> months as part of my student research project. The framework should help
> to measure the performance of distributed and local algorithms. Isabel
> Drost will support me.

Just a quick heads up: This is not intended to run as a GSoC project, instead
Oliver was searching for a Mahout related project that he can work on during his
studies.

I motivated him to give the list a quick heads up on what his plans are and get
feedback on what exactly he intends to do. I'm sure Oliver will send some more
details once his project is starting to take shape.

Isabel