mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bourke <steven.bou...@ucd.ie>
Subject Re: mahout recommendation help
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 17:15:51 GMT
Has anyone used the boolean pref item recommender from 0.5 snapshot?  I was wondering if there
is any other work being carried out on it ? I couldn't find anything in the JIRA system.

I ask because I ran it on some data as a comparison and got surprisingly good results when
running evaluations against it.

Steven Bourke
Clarity Centre for Sensor Web Technologies,
Science North,
School of Computer Science & Informatics,
University College Dublin.

On 5 Feb 2011, at 23:11, Lance Norskog wrote:

> Hi-
>
> This is a boolean case, so you can use the Boolean preference and
> similarity classes.
>
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Seby Paul <seby_paul@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> There is no user preference in our data file.   i can create recommendations with
mhaout using LogLikelihoodSimilarity and TanimotoCoefficientSimilarity.