mahout-dev mailing list archives

From "Ankur C. Goel" <gan...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: What are the biggest changes in 0.4?
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:17:26 GMT
Small correction
Minhash clustering was not done under GSOC.

-@nkur

On 10/19/10 10:30 AM, "Jeff Eastman" <jdog@windwardsolutions.com> wrote:

  On 10/19/10 7:00 AM, Sean Owen wrote:

I've even lost track of what the big-ticket changes have been since 0.3. I'm
compiling 7-8 bullet points for the release notes, as I am going through the
release process now.

Would anyone please volunteer some bullet points? I don't want to miss
anything and want to describe it correctly. I'll do my best to fill in what
seems missing.

For clustering, here's a few:

 *   Model refactoring and CLI changes to improve integration and consistency
 *   New ClusterEvaluator and CDbwClusterEvaluator offer new ways to evaluate clustering effectiveness
 *   New Spectral Clustering and MinHash Clustering from GSoC (still experimental)
 *
 *   New VectorModelClassifier allows any set of clusters to be used for classification
 *