mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <jeast...@Narus.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] 0.4 take 2
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:01:06 GMT
Well, I downloaded "https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-005/org/apache/mahout/mahout-distribution/0.4/mahout-distribution-0.4-src.tar.gz".
I've unpacked and built it as described below. There is no bin directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Ingersoll [mailto:gsingers@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 1:32 PM
To: dev@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] 0.4 take 2

If you download what's in mahout-distribution under the link Benson sent, you get a bin directory.

On Oct 25, 2010, at 4:12 PM, Jeff Eastman wrote:

> Followed the instructions in wiki BuildingMahout, but still no bin directory. Tried running
mvn install -Prelease from top level. It took longer but still no bin directory. The wiki
pages suggest mvn install should be sufficient to be able to run $MAHOUT_HOME/bin/mahout but
with no bin directory...

> What is the correct mvn incantation to build bin? At minimum, the wiki needs to reflect
this.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com