mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Removing deprecated and unused code?
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:29:50 GMT
I don't want to do this now. I don't even want to do it for 0.4. But
wanted to poll sentiment: what would happen if we removed any
deprecated, unused code from the math libraries? This is the source
of, well, a lot of unused code and most style / findbugs / pmd
warnings now.

The argument against of course is that it could be used at some point.
I might note that code can always be resurrected from SVN, that it's
easier to remove code earlier than later, and that un-deprecating this
code needs a bit of rewrite anyway.