mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classifier architecture needed
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:52:51 GMT
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Robin Anil <robin.anil@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Again, I would recommend a blob as the on-disk
> > format.

Why a blob. Why not a flexible multi list of matrices and vectors?
> Is there any model storing byte level information ?

The SGD has a parameter vector as well as a trace dictionary.  The parameter
vector is fine as a vector.  The trace is an int to string multi-map.

The random forest has several hundred decision trees in the model.  Each
decision tree is a collection of rules which contain a variable name and a
cut-point.