mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Eugen Paraschiv <hanrisel...@gmail.com>
Subject Mahout and UIMA
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:20:33 GMT
Hi, I'm starting to use Mahout for some text analysis work, and I was
looking at the multitude of Apache projects that are out there. I have a
question regarding the relation between Mahout and Apache UIMA, another
project that seems to be dealing with machine learning and data mining.
There may not be any explicit relation, none that I could find anyway, and I
don't know if Mahout addresses or will ever address the topic of analysis
and mining of unstructured content, or if it's outside the scope of the
project. So, is there this a direction Mahout will evolve towards in the
future? Thanks. Eugen.