mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Neal Clark <ncl...@uvic.ca>
Subject Re: Distributed Graph Algorithms
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 21:47:09 GMT
Both algorithms execute in worst case O(log n) iterations and are
quite general. They would likely be able to server as a basis for more
complex algorithms.

I will have to take a closer look at the Mahout data structures before
I can be certain how hard it would be. However, the connectivity
algorithm should be quite trivial as it is only a few lines of code.
The MST algorithm may not fit as nicely but I will do a little
research and get back to you.

Perhaps to begin with we can work on integrating the graph
connectivity algorithm. This should allow me to become more familiar
with the Mahout code base and its developers before tackling more
complex algorithms.

Thanks,

Neal.