mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: make collections releases independent of the rest of Mahout
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 19:33:56 GMT
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> I should have said "there should SOON be a vanishingly small number of
> collections releases".  Clearly that isn't so just yet.
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> if only because there should be a vanishingly small number of collections
>> releases

Until we all all the unit tests and remove all the deprecations, I
expect a some releases, as per Ted's later message. Then, it should
get really, really, quiet. Unless we decide that it's the right place
for things like bloom filters.

I should also add that I still have hopes that collections will
transmigrate to commons, so making it more independent of mahout is
better.