mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject NamedVector Run Amok?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:54:22 GMT
Hi Sean,

I was under the impression that the recently refactored NamedVectors
would be just another kind of Vector and that they would not need to
show up in method signatures unless there really was a requirement for
that explicit type. What I see now in many places in the clustering code
is stuff like:

  public static List<List<SoftCluster>> clusterPoints(List<NamedVector>

points, ...)

and,

     List<NamedVector> points = new ArrayList<NamedVector>();
     for (VectorWritable sample : sampleData) {
       points.add((NamedVector) sample.get());
     }

in places where there should not be such a requirement. You think it
correct to do it this way or is this the result of change-all run amok?

Jeff