mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Mahout as TLP
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:07:52 GMT
Definitely not at 1.0 !  (it still isn't there)

I first came to hadoop just after 0.15 came out which must have been shortly
after it became a TLP.  The code worked, but was pretty wild and woolly if
you stepped into a dark corner.

I would say that hadoop had a much better defined mission than Mahout and
was generally a bit more well developed for normal use cases.  The developer
community for Hadoop was much larger, but much more concentrated in one
company.  I don't think that there is any company where more than one Mahout
committer (or even contributor) works.