mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Drew Farris <drew.far...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: release Mahout 0.3 (resend, I forgot general@lucene.apache.org)
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 02:13:29 GMT
Finally had a chance to take a look. Although I could probably spend
some more time running the different algorithms, I think it looks
good.

+1 for release.

Here's what I've tried:

Source release:

- Untarred mahout-0.3-src.tar.bz2

- Built using 'mvn clean install' from an empty repo and default settings,

- Executed bin/mahout vectordump -s file and was able to successfully
dump a vector file generated from an older version of mahout.

- Executed bin/mahout ./bin/mahout
org.apache.mahout.utils.nlp.collocations.llr.CollocDriver (locally)

- Set HADOOP_HOME, HADOOP_CONF_DIR and was able to use bin/mahout to
run kmeans on the cluster

Binary release::

- Moved existing mahout 0.3 directory from source release out of the way.

- Untarred mahout-0.3.tar.bz2 (binary release),

- Ran a vector dump as a above

- Used bin/mahout to run kmeans clustering (locally)

- Set HADOOP_HOME, HADOOP_CONF_DIR and was able to use bin/mahout to
run kmeans on the cluster.

Environment:

- Ubuntu 9.04 i386

- JDK 1.6.0_16