mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Mahout TLP Board Resolution
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 01:17:27 GMT

On Mar 17, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Formalizing a bit more and updating the resolution based on the "opt-in" emails on this
thread and the apparent obvious choice of Sean as Chair.  Still haven't heard from Karl, Otis,
Deneche and Isabel (although I did IM here and she is interested so I'll put her down, but
trust she will send a mail, too)

Forgot to say, Benson hasn't chimed in on this either.  Benson?

> Since I want to give those people a few more days to opt-in, I suggest we have a vote
on the resolution below on Friday, March 19th and lasting for 3 days.

> -Grant
>
> X. Establish the Apache Mahout Project
>
>     WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>     interests of the Foundation and consistent with the
>     Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
>     Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>     open-source software related to a machine learning platform
>     for distribution at no charge to the public.
>
>     NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>     Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Mahout Project",
>     be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>     Foundation; and be it further
>
>     RESOLVED, that the Apache Mahout Project be and hereby is
>     responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>     related to a distributed computing platform; and be it further
>
>     RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Mahout" be
>     and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
>     serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
>     of the Apache Mahout Project, and to have primary responsibility
>     for management of the projects within the scope of
>     responsibility of the Apache Mahout Project; and be it further
>
>     RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>     hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>     Apache Mahout Project:
>
> 	• Isabel Drost (isabel@...)
> 	• Ted Dunning (tdunning@...)
> 	• Jeff Eastman (jeastman@...)
> 	• Drew Farris (drew@...)
> 	• Grant Ingersoll (gsingers@...)
> 	• Sean Owen (srowen@...)
> 	• Robin Anil (robinanil@...)
> 	• Jake Mannix  (jmannix@...)
>
>     RESOLVED, that the Apache Mahout Project be and hereby
>     is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>     Lucene Mahout sub-project; and be it further
>
>     RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>     Lucene Mahout sub-project encumbered upon the
>     Apache Mahout Project are hereafter discharged.
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Sean Owen
>     be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Mahout, to
>     serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>     Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>     death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>     or until a successor is appointed.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem using Solr/Lucene: http://www.lucidimagination.com/search