mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Taste demo not working
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:03:47 GMT
Could be a dumb question, but aren't these sorts of dependencies
necessarily things that particular users of Mahout/Hadoop depend on,
not Mahout? even at runtime? Kind of like depending on a particular
SLF4J binding to a logger.

Sure, I might depend on Hadoop/S3 and Mahout in my project, but Mahout
does not need to depend on Hadoop/S3 to accomplish that and should not
in fact.

Or is the issue around examples, which are like users?