mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mass Code Cleanup
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:33:17 GMT
I think we all agree a standard is good, and the standard at the
moment is Lucene, and nobody seems against that.

I don't think everyone's required to rush out and make a change today
or at any particular point, nice as that might be.

What's the issue exactly with someone else having a go at fixing 1,
100, or 1000 of the issues? Is it just the work of fixing existing
patches, which ought to be at a minimum now? Robin offered to try to
take that on too.

The discussion could be, do we want a different, more lax standard?
But I think that's more effort than just letting this patch go
through* and taking the hit more or less once.

* modulo the static qualifier business