mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mass Code Cleanup
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 23:37:17 GMT
I'm a little bit confused by the process.

I thought that a hallmark of the Lucene TLP, and the Mahout project
inside of it, was that we do not use lazy consensus. Everything is
offered for review in advance. If at all possible, it is posted as a
patch.

If something can't be posted as a patch on a JIRA, I'd expect to see
some conspicuous email making the proposal. Maybe I missed some email,
I'm not reading this list as religiously as I might.

Over at CXF, where we do use lazy consensus, we still have a rough
convention of posting a proposal and collecting feedback before making
a pervasive change.

I am a straddler of the fence here. From time to time, IMHO, reasons
come up to make a whole lot of changes. And when they do come up, it's
important to coordinate.

Please pardon my soapboxing here.