mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Aurora Skarra-Gallagher <aur...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject PFPGrowth - not able to pass hadoop any parameters
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 23:43:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the PFPGrowth code (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-157) from Mahout
0.3 and it works fine on my local box. However, when I try to get it to run on our grid cluster,
it amazingly does not allow any parameters to be passed to Hadoop. When I look at the code
(mahout/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/fpm/pfpgrowth/PFPGrowth.java), I see that there
is no way to pass custom configuration parameters (like -Dmapred.job.queue.name=X or -libjars
or any other parameter for that matter).

I am shocked that it would be done this way. To get this to work, I need to go change the
actual PFPGrowth.java file, add my conf.set("key", "val") lines, and recompile. Is there any
other way to do this? Why would it be written in such a way that all hadoop parameters are
disallowed?

Thanks,
Aurora