mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Retrieving labels for indexes?
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 12:48:08 GMT
I'm trying to use Vectors to represent a vector of user preferences.
All is well since items are numeric and can be used as indexes into a
Vector -- almost. I have longs, and of course indexes are ints.

I could fold the long IDs into ints without too much worry about the
effects of collision. However I still need to remember the original
item IDs for each index. I could do it with labels, but I can't
retrieve the label for an index (and the other mapping isn't
serialized anyway?).

So I guess I must separately store this mapping? Just making sure I'm
not missing something.