mahout-dev mailing list archives

From David Hall <d...@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: SVM algo, code, etc.
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 06:32:23 GMT
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Jake Mannix <jake.mannix@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really feel like I should respond to this, but seeing as I live on the
> west coast
> of the US, going to bed might be more advisable.
>
> On a very specific topic of SVMs, I can certainly look into this, but David,
> were you interested in helping bring this into Mahout and help maintain it?
> You are often rather quiet on here, yet happened to jump in as this topic
> came up?

Yeah, the first semester of the PhD program has been far more busy
than I imagined, and I've been overwhelmed. (Now it's finals week.)

Online optimization has kind of caught my eye of late, with Pegasos
being something I had been thinking about implementing. I would be
glad to get this up and running, though I'd like more to help curate a
patch. Pegasos or no.

-- David