mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Have a idea of leveraging hbase for machine learning
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:35:14 GMT
Jeff,

Glad to hear you are looking at Mahout.

Practically speaking, it probalby isn't feasible to have an hbase column per
matrix column.  That makes storage of matrix data in hbase somewhat less
compelling, although clearly still very useful for some applications.

As Grant pointed out, Mahout is trying to stay pretty agnostic relative to
data storage methods.  Some people need to read matrices from Lucene
indexes, others from files, still others from hbase.  We need to support all
of those options.

Your suggestion about making sure that Taste supports hbase is a good one.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve