mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Oh joy
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:50:31 GMT

On Nov 11, 2009, at 1:45 PM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Grant Ingersoll
> <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>> Given:
>> <execution>
>>                <id>create-hadoop-core-artifact</id>
>>                <phase>deploy</phase>
>>                <goals>
>>                  <goal>sign-and-deploy-file</goal>
>>                </goals>
>>                <configuration>
>>                  <file>core/lib/hadoop-core-0.20.1.jar</file>
>>                  <groupId>org.apache.mahout.hadoop</groupId>
>>                  <artifactId>hadoop-core</artifactId>
>>                  <packaging>jar</packaging>
>>                  <version>0.20.1</version>
>>                  <generatePom>true</generatePom>
>>                </configuration>
>>              </execution>
>
> You're trying to force Maven to do something it was never designed
> to do.

Not following.   AFAICT, sign-and-deploy (we just used deploy-file
before, but that doesn't sign) is specifically for this use case, AIUI .

If I don't solve it today, I will revert to the old way and upload the
signatures by hand for these artifacts.

> The standard and by far the easiest way to get this dependency
> included in the Mahout build is to ask the Hadoop project do deploy it
> under the org.apache.hadoop groupId.

They are working on it, but don't have it for our versions.  We also
have other non-Hadoop deps that aren't published, so they need to be
deployed and signed as well (Commons CLI2).