mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feedback on release candidate for 0.2
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 13:58:48 GMT

On Nov 3, 2009, at 5:47 AM, Sean Owen wrote:

> What were you referring to in your last email then about legal bits? I
> am genuinely curious to understand things like that since they are
> important.

Oh, sorry.  Was confused by your confusion!

The relevant line in the prior email was:

"Any and all artifacts that we put up under our stuff are our
artifacts and people need to be able to verify that what we put up is
what we intended to put up."

So, those are the legal bits.  People need to be able to trust what we
put up their.  Sigs and MD5 hashes, etc. help establish that trust.

You can read more about ASF reqs on releases at: http://www.apache.org/dev/#releases