mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Use repository.apache.org for deployment
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:48:13 GMT
On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 06:27:04 -0700
Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> > From: Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
> > For snapshots, we can simply configure the Hudson build
> > to "mvn deploy" to the repository without worrying about syncing
> > stuff from hudson.zones.apache.org to people.apache.org.

That sounds particularly interesting to me: Having a repo that has
(maybe nightly) Mahout-0.2-SNAPSHOTS deployed would help those very
early bleeding edge adopters on maven.

Had a look at our hudson entry
(http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Mahout%20Trunk/ - right?) -
from the command line output of the last build it seems like it is still
configured to build with ant?

I guess it might make sense to mark jira issues that have patches
attached to them as "patch available" once that is fixed?

I added the apache parent to our pom - at least a "mvn install" from
root still runs smoothly.

> > Unless anyone objects, I'll ask the repository.apache.org
> > maintainers to set things up for Tika and update the Tika POMs
> > accordingly.

If I understood the release guide correctly, basically all that needs
to be done in the POM is to add the apache parent?
repository.apache.org maintainers - that would be infra@apache, namely
INFRA-1896, right?

Isabel