mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Taste review
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:33:09 GMT
Yes I think that is the meaning, and I don't intend to 'expand' along
these lines (by myself -- sounds like a nice sibling project). I see
it as fairly separate question, what the inputs means and how they are
constructed. It's not like supplying a fork but no spoon. So that's
why I didn't quite get why that's somehow a disadvantage. Kind of like
criticizing Tomcat for not including Wordpress or something.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Otis
Gospodnetic<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Regarding "only doing CF" - maybe they mean to imply there are no other inputs other
than co-visitation data.  For example, no watching of user behaviour on the page (how long
did they stay?  did they scroll?  did they page?  did they highlight a piece of text while
reading?) or consideration of document similarity.

> Of course, Taste is not at all web-specific, so that user behaviour is something one
would/could build on top of Taste.  But of course they didn't email mahout-user to discuss
this first -- it's not in their interest. :)