mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About TestClusters of Hadoop
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:16:30 GMT
I talked to our Amazon rep and found that they have a standard procedure for
allowing educational projects on EC2.  I sent private email to Robin with
details.

Any other student working on Mahout projects should email me directly for
the details.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:19 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org>wrote:

> I'm not sure what to offer here Robin.  You might ask on the GSOC student
> mailing list.  Otherwise, perhaps a smaller set of Wikipedia for now or you
> could buy some EC2 time.  It is fairly cheap to do a few experiments, I
> think.  Obviously not something long term.  I'll ask around, too.
>

> On Jul 7, 2009, at 9:50 AM, Robin Anil wrote:
>
>  Hi,                I have gone as far as i can in testing Bayes Code using
>> 20Newsgroups.  It would be great if we can test the code
>> over Wikipedia dump. But my laptop is no match for it :). If any test
>> cluster is available for mahout developers, i would certainly like to get
>> my
>> hands on it for some time. So would others on the list.
>>
>> Robin
>>

> --------------------------
> Grant Ingersoll
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/
>
> Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using
> Solr/Lucene:

Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

111 West Evelyn Ave. Ste. 202