mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r786370 [1/2] - in /lucene/mahout/trunk: core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/clustering/canopy/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/clustering/dirichlet/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/clustering/dirichlet/models/ core/src/mai
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:54:59 GMT
Yeah I guess that is what I mean - clone() ought to be implemented in some
way that doesn't involve serializing and deserializing in memory, just
because that is typically going to be much slower. For some classes, maybe
doesn't matter, but probably is quite important for key abstractions like
Vector and Matrix.