mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concerns about Maven
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:24:38 GMT

On Mar 17, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Enis Soztutar wrote:

>> -Grant
> Knowing nothing about the mahout build script(s), I think that
> having both ant and maven scripts might prove to be problematic.
> However keeping one module(taste) in ant will work. As a side note,
> we have discussed this same thing in Hadoop and we opted for ant
> +ivy. The build process is very complex for Hadoop, and there are
> some things that simply cannot be done with maven. ant+ivy works
> pretty well for us and we can generate pom files for deployment.

Thanks, Enis.  I did notice that Hadoop had started using Ivy.  Do you
know when Hadoop is going to start publishing it's artifacts to the
Maven repo?  We are doing it now for Mahout (i.e. publishing the
Hadoop artifacts, see http://people.apache.org/~gsingers/staging-repo/mahout/org/apache/mahout/)

  but would really rather rely on Hadoop doing it.

I would think Ivy would allow for this and it would make Hadoop
adoption even easier.

-Grant