mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RC 0.1
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:38:42 GMT

On Mar 4, 2009, at 11:31 AM, Jeff Eastman wrote:

> Well whew, after all of my own machine configuration problems I was
> afraid I might have just been a curmudgeon. Let me know when you
> have another tarball and I will check it out.

Nope, your not a curmudgeon.  The assembly stuff is a PITA of dotting
'i's and crossing 't's.  Do try out the individual artifacts, though,
as I believe they should be good, as well as the job jars.

> BTW, once we button up the release I want to commit the Dirichlet
> stuff. I will check on the licensing.
>
> Did anybody notice we just passed our first birthday? Ok, I won't
> sing <grin>, but Happy Birthday Mahout!

+1.  I'd say we are doing pretty well for an infant.  Some room for
improvement, as always, but overall I'm quite happy with the progress
of Mahout.  Getting the release headache out of the way should pave
the way for more focused dev on both algorithms and demos/
documentation.  From there, we can pin down what a 1.0 release looks
like.

At any rate, Happy Birthday Mahout!