mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Google's Gson JSON
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:45:07 GMT
A few months back, in the context of vector annotations, we had a
discussion of a more standard means to serialize our object state. The
Dirichlet Process implementation has a rather complicated DirichletState
object which must be serialized and so I have worked out a way to do
this using Gson. Though I had to use the 1.3 beta 2 release to get past
a problem in the 1.2.3 release, the package seems to be up to the task
of serializing complicated, generic, classes.

In the post 0.1 timeframe, I will look into using native Gson to replace
the current Vector asFormatString as a step towards vector annotations.
It's Apache licensed.

Does anybody else have experience with or comments about this package?

Jeff