mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Concerns about Maven
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 00:36:54 GMT
My $0.02 from the sidelines, Maven sucks as a *build* tool.  I dislike
it with a passion, or rather, I'm all about Ant myself.

Regarding Mahout, I think it makes sense to let Sean to set up and
maintain his area with Ant and simply have Maven call to it for
packaging.  I'm not active with Mahout personally, but if I were, I'd
not enjoy using Maven.  I don't like Maven anywhere.  But then again,
I don't rely on "repositories" either, and just prefer a built in
directory full of .jar files.  I'm a caveman like that.  *grunt*

	Erik