mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RC 0.1
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:29:30 GMT

On Feb 19, 2009, at 2:03 PM, Isabel Drost wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 February 2009, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>> Hmm, looks like the tarballs aren't quite right in that the pom
>> modules aren't named the same as the directories, so mvn compile
>> doesn't work from the top.
>
> If I understand you correct, you want the sub directories in the
> tarball named
> just like the directories in the source tree. NOT like the artifacts
> generated by maven. I have played around a little with the assembly
> configuration. See patch attached to this mail*.

Yeah, the assembly just needs to change the names to match what they
are in the source tree, so that Maven knows where to look for the
modules.

Go ahead and commit to both trunk and 0.1.

>> doesn't work from the top.  I'll try to fix up this week.  Would
>> _really_ appreciate other feedback on what works, etc.
>
> Some tiny little feedback from what I just saw:
>
> The README.txt refers the user to the wiki for documentation and
> getting
> started (good), but also to a directory named doc that should be
> part of the
> distribution. I don't see such a directory.

We should just remove it, since we don't have docs to distribute.

> I again tried to run the taste-webapp as some kind of sanity check.
> If I use
> the one from the distribution it fails and tells me to set the
> Recommender
> class in the properties file. I do not know whether this is intended
> behaviour. But to me it seemed odd that I needed to check out the
> sources,
> and edit the properties file to make the example webapp run. Maybe
> it would
> be better to just provide a default configuration?

I believe you would just have to edit the web.xml and make sure the
Recommender implementation is in the JAR.

> Isabel
>
> * Just in case the attachment is blocked, the following snippet
> should give
> you a hint on what I have done:
>
>         <include>org.apache.mahout:mahout-core</include>
>       </includes>
>       <binaries>
> -        <outputDirectory>mahout-core</outputDirectory>
> +        <outputDirectory>core</outputDirectory>
>         <unpack>false</unpack>
>       </binaries>
>       <sources>
> +        <outputDirectoryMapping>core</outputDirectoryMapping>
>         <fileSets>
>           <fileSet>
>

> --
> And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-
> reports on it,
> you know they are just evil lies.		-- Linus Torvalds
>  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
> '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xmpp://MaineC.@spaceboyz.net>
> <assemblyConfiguration.diff>

Grant Ingersoll