mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Taste ?'s
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:21:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm integrating the build and demo into the main workflow, and have a
couple of questions about Taste.  See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-94

1.  What should we do about the Axis jars required for the AxisServlet
stuff in the example WAR?  For now, I've commented out the dependency
and the rest seems to work fine.  Is there a pointer to where these
live?

2. Is there a way to get the top rated items in the demo without a
user?  I think that would be useful.  For pretty much every user I've
entered in the demo, it recommends "Song of Freedom", and I'm curious
as to why.  One thing that would be cool is an "explain" method like
Lucene has for explaining search results.

-Grant