mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject PriorityQueue in NearestNUserNeighborhood
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 22:47:00 GMT
Hi,

I see this in the NearestNUserNeighborhood:

          ListIterator<UserCorrelationPair> iterator = queue.listIterator(queue.size());
          while (iterator.hasPrevious()) {
            if (theCorrelation <= iterator.previous().theCorrelation) {
              iterator.next();
              break;
            }
          }

This looks like a priority queue.... if so, I wonder if it would be clearer to just use the
java.util.PriorityQueue or maybe even a variation of the one in Lucene?  Not sure if there's
a need for this change, just thinking our loud as I browse Taste code.

Oh, I see Hadoop has its own PQ, too:
  http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/util/PriorityQueue.html
which seems to be a slightly modified variation of the Lucene version:
  http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc/org/apache/lucene/util/PriorityQueue.html

Otis