mahout-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.1 release - code freeze
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:03:26 GMT

On Sep 15, 2008, at 10:29 AM, Karl Wettin wrote:

> Please only only commit documentation in the next two days. No new
> features, but if you find a bug this is of course still welcome.
> Please discuss any change to the trunk with the community before you
> hit the commit button.
>
> Wednesday morning I'll create a 0.1 release candidate branch in the
> SVN.
>
> The period between code freeze and SVN branch is usually 7-14 days,
> so I'm moving rather fast here. There is however not that much
> action going on in the trunk, I think we should be fine.
>
> Hopefully there will be a candidate distribution available the same
> evening for people to try out. This is however the first time I do
> an Apache release so be prepared for me doing everything wrong
> multiple times this week.
>

> I want to point out that we have no feature traceback in CHANGES.TXT
> and we haven't really been using the JIRA they way Hadoop does.
> Should we try to figure something out or just leave it as is?

Hmmm, what's the difference between us and Hadoop?  I see they have a
ChangeLog thing.  It also looks like they grabbed Lucene's CHANGES
generation stuff.  I don't recall them using a CHANGES.txt before.

I'd rather not do extra work if JIRA can do it.   Is https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312976&styleName=Html&projectId=12310751

  good enough?  There's also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT/fixforversion/12312976